Dentistry on Sheppard
Blog & Articles
What’s Involved at A Dental Check-Up
June 2020 / DENTISTRY
At the first appointment for a new patient, an hour will be set aside to fully review your medical history, discuss any dental concerns or questions you may have, and fully analyze and document your oral health. This analysis involves taking any necessary radiographs, an exam of your temporomandibular joints, intra-oral soft tissues, full tooth-by-tooth exam, bite exam, full six point gum probing and more. At the conclusion of this new patient exam, Dr Cloth will sit down and work out a customized treatment plan that addresses any oral problems he saw.
A dental check-up on a patient previously seen by Dr. Cloth for a full exam involves the dentist taking a few minutes to analyze your oral health, review any needed x-rays and answer any questions you may have. Dr Cloth will thoroughly examine your gums, teeth and oral tissues.
The principle things Dr Cloth is looking for are cavities and gum disease along with any other oral condition which is outside the range of normal. A Dental Check Up Includes an Oral Cancer Screenings.
Dental check ups include screenings for oral cancer, a serious oral disease of the mouth, lips, or throat, but highly curable if detected and treated early.
Gum (Periodontal) Disease Affects Your Overall Health.
One of the principal causes of adult tooth loss is gum disease. If detected early, it can be treated and reversed.
- Autumn Dental Care Tips
- Oral Cancer Awareness: Safeguarding Your Smile and Health
- Dental Care during Pregnancy: What Expectant Mothers Need to Know
- The Connection Between Oral Health and Overall Well-being: A Holistic Approach to Dental Care
- Smile Secrets: Tips for Maintaining Healthy Teeth and Gums
- Debunking Common Myths About Oral Health and Dental Care
- Dental Implants Or Dentures?
- How Smiling Affects Overall Health
- The Correlation Between Dental & Heart Health
- Everything You Need to Know About Ozone Therapy
- How to Stop Tooth Decay and Prevent Cavities
- Everything You Need to Know About Halitosis
- Can I Have My Amalgam Dental Fillings Removed?
- Gum Disease (Periodontal Disease) and Stress
- New Dental Ideas - Fads, TikTok Ideas
- Aloe Vera
- Glucosamine and The Temporomandibular Joint
- Should I Have My Mercury Fillings Removed?
- Prebiotics and the Oral Microbiome
- 5 Steps to Good Oral Health
- What’s Involved at A Dental Check-Up
- Nutrition, Teeth, and Good Health
- Apthous Ulcers (Canker Sores)
- Remineralization of Teeth
- Tongue Scraping
- Fluoride Exposure In Utero Linked To Lower IQ In Kids, Study Says
- The Link Between Sugar and Depression